What will I learn?
This course is a FREE online course over three weeks – 2 hour session, for parents and carers whose children (8-18) are being violent and/or aggressive at home. You will explore the possible causes of violent and aggressive behaviour in children, including the myths around this hidden subject. There will be discussion around the child’s understanding of rights and responsibilities and the balance of power in the family. Understand the causes behind a child's aggression at home.
- Gain knowledge of the family's rights and responsibilities.
- Explore parent roles and parenting styles.
- Review ways to live in a calmer home environment.
Is this course for me?
This workshop is for parents, grandparents and carers with children aged 8-18 years who live in Surrey. It is for parents and carers who are experiencing child-to-parent violence and aggression and would like to learn some practical strategies and approaches to managing this behaviour in their child.
You will develop your knowledge and understanding around child to parent violence and aggression. You will gain practical ideas for you and your family to help manage and decrease the incidents of violent and aggressive behaviour. This will impact positively on both your family’s wellbeing.
What do I need to do?
• Have my camera on
- Provide a mobile phone number and email address when you enrol so that we can contact you about your course.
- Please attend all sessions
- A reliable internet connection
- A computer/laptop/tablet or phone with a fully updated browser (preferably Google Chrome), microphone and camera
- A pen and paper
- Check your email for detailed joining instructions two days before course starts.
- Fill out the `Getting to know you` form and fill out `Tell us what you think` form
- Contact us on email@example.com if you have any questions
What could I do next?
At the end of this course, we will give you details of what you may wish to move on to next, for example volunteering, further courses with Surrey Adult Learning, a college or employment.
How to enrol
You can't currently enrol online for this course, so please call 0300 200 1044 to express your interest or to make an enquiry for further information.
Find another course
If this isn't what you're looking for, then we've got plenty more courses to offer!