What will I learn?
This FREE online course over five weeks – 2 hour session, will help you to understand what can affect your child’s behaviour and development. You will work with the tutor and other parents/carers, receive feedback and also keep a learner diary to record your progress.
- Learn how routines affect sleep and mealtimes
- Find ways to help with challenging behaviour
- Learn the value of good communication and listening skills
- Identify different behaviours and triggers
Is this course for me?
If you are a parent/carer or grandparent of a child aged up to 7, and living in Surrey, this course will help you understand your child’s development and behaviour.
This course will give parents/carers the tools to obtain the skills and knowledge needed to make a positive impact and make positive changes to family life.
4. What do I need to do?
- Have your camera on
- Provide a mobile phone number and email address when you enrol so that we can contact you about your course.
- Please attend all sessions
- A reliable internet connection
- A computer/laptop/tablet or phone with a fully updated browser (preferably Google Chrome), microphone and camera
- A pen and paper
- Check your email for detailed joining instructions two days before course starts.
- Fill out the `Getting to know you` form and fill out `Tell us what you think` form
- Contact us on email@example.com if you have any questions
What could I do next?
At the end of this course we will give you details of what you can move on to next, for example volunteering, further courses with Surrey Adult Learning, a college or employment.
How to enrol
You can't currently enrol online for this course, so please call 0300 200 1044 to express your interest or to make an enquiry for further information.
Find another course
If this isn't what you're looking for, then we've got plenty more courses to offer!