What will I learn?
This is a FREE online course over three weeks, 2 hour session where you will work with the tutor and other parents and carers to increase your understanding of teenager development and changes that happen.
- Understand how the brain develops in your teenager and this affects their behaviour
- Discuss parent plan to manage social media and online use
- Strategies to help support emotional and social development linking to anger, anxiety and risky behaviour.
Is this course for me?
If you are a parent/carer or grandparent of a teenager, and living in Surrey, this course will help you better understand your teenager’s development and their behaviour.
This course will give parents/carers the tools to obtain the skills and knowledge needed to make a positive impact and make positive changes to family life.
What do I need to do?
• Have your camera on
- Provide a mobile phone number and email address when you enrol so that we can contact you about your course.
- Please attend all sessions
- A reliable internet connection
- A computer/laptop/tablet or phone with a fully updated browser (preferably Google Chrome), microphone and camera
- A pen and paper
- Check your email for detailed joining instructions two days before course starts.
- Fill out the `Getting to know you` form and fill out `Tell us what you think` form
- Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
What could I do next?
At the end of this course we will give you details of what you can move on to next, for example volunteering, further courses with Surrey Adult Learning, a college or employment.
How to enrol
You can't currently enrol online for this course, so please call 0300 200 1044 to express your interest or to make an enquiry for further information.
Find another course
If this isn't what you're looking for, then we've got plenty more courses to offer!