What will I learn?
This course is a FREE online parenting workshop. Parent/carers will learn tips and strategies to support their LGBTQ+ child, understand appropriate language terms and explore potential challenges that families may face.
Topics will include
- Appropriate language and acronyms
- Exploring potential challenges and how to support your child
- Sharing of resources and support groups
Is this course for me?
If you are a parent/carer of a child who is questioning their gender identity or sexual orientation, or who identifies as LGBTQ+, and live in Surrey, this course will provide a safe space and help you learn new ways to try and support your child.
This course will give parents/carers the first step tools to obtain the skills and knowledge needed to make a positive impact and make positive changes to family life.
What do I need to do?
• Provide a mobile phone number and email address when you enrol so that we can contact you about your course.
- Please attend all sessions
- A reliable internet connection
- A computer/laptop/tablet or phone with a fully updated browser (preferably Google Chrome), microphone and camera
- A pen and paper
- Check your email for detailed joining instructions two days before course starts.
- Fill out `Tell us what you think` form at the end of the workshop
- Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
What could I do next?
At the end of this course, we will give you details of what you may wish to move on to next, for example volunteering, further courses with Surrey Adult Learning, a college or employment.
How to enrol
You can't currently enrol online for this course, so please call 0300 200 1044 to express your interest or to make an enquiry for further information.
Find another course
If this isn't what you're looking for, then we've got plenty more courses to offer!