Do something for you in Farnham
Try something new at our Farnham centre, one of our more historical centres, with plenty of character. It has a dedicated purpose built craft studio with potters wheels, throwing wheels, two kilns, and a large exercise studio great for ballet, yoga, and Tai Chi.
Choose from a range of courses and workshops, either in the daytime, evening, or on a Saturday. From patchwork to pottery, calligraphy to watercolour and many more, we have something for everyone.
Popular learning facilities
- Farnham Centre has a purpose-built Craft studio, that is light and airy, with modern/up-to-date facilities, including 5 potters wheels and 2 kilns. It was built within the past 10 years, and has a built in hearing loop and wheelchair access.
- We have an attractive Art studio.
- We have a light and airy Exercise studio, with a high quality wooden floor, a mirrored wall, and ballet barres.
- Other facilities include good quality sewing machines that are regularly serviced, and for learners to use, and up-to-date/interactive touchscreen Smartboards to enhance the learner experience.
- Convenient to travel to with reliable public transport bus routes and train station 10 minutes walk away.
Address and parking
25 West Street
Unfortunately, there is no onsite parking available for learners, nor is there Blue Badge parking available. For local parking information, please see Waverly Borough Council parking web page.
There is no café onsite, however there is a hot drink vending machine available accepting contactless card payments only. There is also a cold-water machine available, so please bring your own bottle. Alternatively, the town centre is a short walk from site.
Accessibility and facilities
The Centre building has a side entrance on the ground floor to enable access for wheelchair users, and those with other physical disabilities. The side door has also recently been fitted with an automatic door and touch pad.
The craft studio is fully compliant with up-to-date legal accessibility requirements, including an induction loop and wheelchair access, as well as a spacious inclusive toilet.
The building has a first floor which is accessible by a wide staircase or a lift. The lift enables learners with physical difficulties to access classrooms on the first floor, as well as making it easier for learners carrying lots of equipment for their course.
All but one classroom (art studio) are on the ground floor and first floor and are therefore accessible to wheelchair users and those with disabilities. Two inclusive toilets are available on the ground floor.
The coffee room is also fully accessible.