Apprenticeship Opportunities - Adult Social Care
- Salary:£11,118.00 along with a fully funded qualification
- Category:Apprenticeships & Trainee
- Contract type:Apprenticeship
- Working hours:36
- Posted on:30 January 2020
- Closing date:1 March 2020
- Directorate:Health,Wellbeing & ASC
Our apprentice vacancies are 15 to 18 month fixed term contracts.
About the role
Are you looking at starting your career and want to work for a diverse and supportive organisation? Could you help us make a real difference in the lives of people in our community?
We think Surrey County Council is a great place to start your career. This is your chance to receive excellent training and development working in Adult Social Care. You will be fully supported and mentored through your apprenticeship and be given protected time to complete work relating to your qualification.
Our Apprenticeship scheme provides a perfect way to earn a wage while you gain vital work experience and an accredited qualification. The scheme is designed and funded for those 16 and over who are living and entitled to work in England, don't have a degree relating to your chosen apprentice subject, and are not in full-time education.
- Health and Social Care Apprenticeships which are an 18 month contract and focus on the delivery of our front line services and allows you to shadow our Social Workers and Occupational Therapists out and about meeting members of the community.
- Business Administration Apprenticeships. These are 15 month contracts which focus on being the first point of contact for our service users and working in teams who provide a variety of business administration support, including finance, data & reporting.
Benefits of an Apprenticeship in Adult Social Care
We offer a wide range of opportunities at all levels, so the routes of progression are varied. On top of all this we offer excellent benefits including generous annual leave and a good pension scheme. Start building your future with an apprenticeship and watch your career progress.
Our Apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and shadow a range of different people and teams who work in Social Care. There are lots of opportunities for career progression, chances to work up the ladder in local Government. You will be part of a supportive team who will work closely with you. At the end of your apprenticeship you will also receive a recognised accredited Qualification which will look great on your CV.
As well as gaining your qualification you will also receive a range of benefits such as:
Our opportunities / teams
Apprenticeships in our Adult Social Care Teams:
You will have a number of shadowing opportunities with our qualified Social Workers and Occupational Therapists supporting with a variety of tasks, and learning new skills and experience. This is a good first step into Social Care and our Adult Social Care apprenticeship will support you to gain experience in working with a variety of adults with different needs. Our Business Administration apprenticeship will enable you to learn a variety of communication and business skills.
You will learn about the different services that we offer and gain of variety of skills whilst receiving support and training for your apprenticeship. Applicants will enjoy working with people and want to gain experience of direct work with the public.
IMPORTANT: On your application please state the following:
- Apprenticeship being applied for. Either Health and Social Care or Business Administration.
- Be clear which area / teams you are interested – please refer to the list of teams/towns below. Please list no more than 3. Please list them in order of most suitable to least.
Our frontline social care teams are:
North West Surrey
- Spelthorne Locality Team, Staines
- Woking Locality Team, Woking
- Runnymede Locality Team, Addlestone
South West Surrey
- Surrey Heath Locality Team, Camberley
- Waverley Locality Team, Godalming,
- Guildford Locality Team, Guildford
- Epsom and Ewell Locality Team, Epsom
- Elmbridge Locality Team, Esher
- Mole Valley Locality Team, Dorking
- Reigate and Banstead Locality Team, Reigate
- Tandridge Locality Team, Oxted.
Please note. At time of advertising we cannot guarantee there will be a vacancy in all the above teams however where possible we will consider your application for one your preferred teams. Please call the number below if you would like to discuss further.
For an informal discussion contact Sami Magraw on 0208 541 9604 or by e-mail at Sami.firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 01/03/2020.
Interviews will take place on week commencing 16/03/2020.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
About the organisation
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.
Back Apply online