- Salary:£5,772 per annum
- Category:Adult Learning
- Contract type:Permanent
- Working hours:12
- Posted on:11 November 2019
- Closing date:12 January 2020
- Directorate:Children, Families & Learning
- Location:Sunbury Adult Learning Centre, The Avenue, Sunbury-on-Thames
About the role
The working hours are Monday to Thursday; 4pm to 7pm.
Surrey Adult Learning provide a wide range of daytime, evening and Saturday courses and learning opportunities for adults. The provision includes leisure courses like arts and crafts and languages; qualification courses such as GCSE's in English and Maths; classes which support those with learning difficulties and/or disabilities; classes aimed at parents/carers to help them support their children and improve their own skills; and an outreach provision aimed at vulnerable groups in the community who would not normally engage in any form of learning.
Surrey Adult Learning has seven centres across North and South West Surrey and is looking to appoint a Caretaker for its Sunbury Centre.
This role will incorporate routine cleaning as well as general maintenance which ensures the safe and smooth operation of the Centre. You will also be expected to be polite, friendly and welcoming delivering excellent customer care for the users of the Centre.
Key aspects of the role include being able to:
- Ensure classrooms and equipment are set up, as required
- Ensure the Centre is clean and welcoming at all times
- Carry out general maintenance and upkeep of the Centre's buildings and grounds
- Escalate works beyond level of skill to the Centre Coordinator
- Act as point of contact for workmen and contractors
- Ensure routine health and safety checks are undertaken
- Escalate any health and safety concerns to the Centre Coordinator and involve Property and Fire colleagues, as appropriate
- Act as key holder for the Centre, routinely opening and locking up the Centre, as well as in the event of adverse weather or in an emergency situation
You will need to be able to demonstrate a practical and confident approach as the role involves some lone working.
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
For an informal discussion about the role, contact Scott Burnett on 0300 200 1044 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 12th January 2020.
Interviews will take place on the afternoon of 16th January 2020.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
© Surrey County Council. © Ordnance Survey. Crown Copyright and Database Rights 2017. All rights reserved. 100019613
About the organisation
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy. For more information about our values please follow click HERE.
How to apply
You can find useful guidance on our website to assist you with your job application. There are also further helpful hints, handy tips and employment advice to make sure your application sells you in the best possible way.
Back Apply online