Social Care Assistant
- Reference: orbis/TP/20626/30271
- Positions: 1
- Salary: £26,080 per annum
- Category: Social Work - Adults
- Contract type: Fixed term
- Working hours: 36 hours per week
- Posted on: 27 January 2023
- Closing date: 19 February 2023
- Directorate: SCC: Health,Wellbeing & ASC
- Location: Fairmount House, Bull Hill, Leatherhead, KT22 7AH
About the role
The salary range for these roles is £26,080 - £28,617 per annum based on a 36-hour working week.
At Surrey, we are proud to be leading the way in implementing new ways of working in personalisation and a recovery-focused strength-based approach.
Our goal is for our service-users to be able to be more in control of their care, making informed choices and being active citizens in their community.
We currently have one 12 month fixed term/secondment opportunity in Leatherhead with the Learning Disability and Autism Team.
"After 17 years of working in care from my first day I was made to feel welcome by the team. With a team of different skills and characters right from day one they offered me support, this without a doubt was like a breath of fresh air. With any new job there is a lot to learn along the way but the team pull you through in the right direction with their support and advice"
What we can offer you;
- Annual Leave – with the opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional annual leave
- Agile working opportunities – your work/life balance is important to us!
- Training and Development – Superb opportunities for development including a Readiness Programme, Preceptorship, Structured Induction Programme
- A supportive, 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information.
In your application, we would love to hear about your;
- Experience in mental health service, including assessment and risk management skills
- Working knowledge of Care Act legislation including experience in preparation of support plans, monitoring and reviewing outcomes
- Commitment to your own professional development, including maintaining up-to-date knowledge of mental health issues
About the role
As a Social Care Assistant at Surrey, we will put you in the best possible position to assess the social care needs of our service users, providing direct positive intervention to some of our more complex service users and support for their carers.
We know how challenging this role can be but with the mentoring and support from our experienced colleagues, we will enable you to become the best social worker you can be!
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.
For more information please find the full job description below and refer to this before submitting your application. We also invite you to read our Life at Surrey handbook to see insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 19/02/2023.
Interviews will take place week commencing 28th February.
Interviews will be virtually via Microsoft Teams.
The successful applicant will need to attend the office at least twice per week.
A full driving licence and have use of a vehicle insured for work/business purposes
This is a 12 month secondment / fixed term contract. Please see line manager approval before applying.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Jessica Peskett on 07966283752 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
Files to download