Jobs in care
Our vision is to provide outstanding services and be an employer of choice with highly trained, passionate and dedicated staff.
Could you be part of the team that helps us deliver this vision?
We have a range of roles which are based in a number of settings and services throughout Surrey. These include:
- Our Reablement Service - working with individuals within their own homes to help them become more independent following a period of ill health, often following a hospital admission.
- Our Supported Living Service - supporting adults of all ages with Learning Disabilities to live full and active lives in their own homes.
- Our 14 residential homes - providing 24 hour personalised support service for individuals with learning disabilities and older people.
Everyday is different in our Older People's Homes - come and join us!
We take pride in ensuring that we deliver excellent services to our residential homes meaning that not only are our residents safe, but they are empowered to be both happy and independent.
We put ourselves in the shoes of our residents and their families and understand their needs first and foremost. We have a successful buddy system that matches our resident's interests and hobbies with those of our care assistants. This allows a friendly and positive atmosphere where our residents feel closely connected with our assistants within a safe and open environment.
Whilst personal care is indeed an important responsibility of our care assistant roles, the role offers so much more than that. You could be spending your day writing up reports on resident's health and progress, working with families to develop support plans or even joining us on a daytrip to the seaside.
We put our resident's front and centre of everything we do and if you share a passion for helping others and genuinely seeing how you can impact a resident's life for the better then we would welcome your application to our roles. We are recruiting for a number of roles including care and support vacancies, management and administration as well as catering and housekeeping.
A role for everyone
We offer a variety of different positions, a range of hourly contracts and across a number of different locations meaning that Adult Social Care opportunities are accessible for many people.
- Care roles - You don't need any formal qualifications to apply for a care role, simply the desire to make a difference to vulnerable adults. The role involves working with and supporting individuals to create positive outcomes and promote independence. This may include supporting with all aspects of daily living, report writing, working with families / carers and other agencies and engaging with the planning and delivery of support plans.
- Management and administration - Management and administration staff work closely together to oversee the day to day operation of our services. Delivering a high quality service is central to all our roles.
- Catering - These roles serve and prepare healthy and balanced meals, working alongside residents to meet their nutritional needs.
- Housekeeping and maintenance - These roles contribute to providing a high quality service by maintaining a clean, safe and comfortable environment for residents, visitors and staff.
We are always keen to hear from experienced and inexperienced people who are looking for an opportunity to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable adults. Our care roles are not just about delivering personal care but can also involve sharing your hobbies and interests and helping people to develop independent skills.
Training and development
In Adult Social Care, we recognise the importance of growing and developing our staff, so they are equipped with the experience, skills and knowledge to meet the future needs of our residents. To do this we offer a fantastic learning and development package that we have invested in to help develop and retain our talent who we know are the backbone of the services we provide.
We pride ourselves on our learning culture and offer a role specific induction as we understand how important your first few weeks with us are. We also offer a range of ASC specific training and resources as well as development training such as leadership and management in order to help you develop to your full capabilities
Below are some examples of our excellent offer:
In line with our commitment to continually develop our workforce, we offer a wide range of sponsored qualifications. The qualification is fully funded and is undertaken in addition to your role; therefore, you gain a valuable qualification whilst receiving a salary. We have seen a huge take up of this offer across a diverse range of roles. Below are some of the qualifications staff are currently undertaking.
- Health and Social Care – levels 2,3,4 and 5
- Management qualifications level 3 and 5
- Project management qualifications
- Business and administration qualifications
- Data analyst qualifications
Graduate trainee scheme to become a Social Worker or Occupational Therapist
If you are internal employee and have been working in Adult Social Care or Adult Social Care Contact Centre for 2 years you may wish to consider our Social Worker/Occupational Therapist Apprenticeship Scheme. As part of our sponsored qualification offer, we provide opportunities for staff to study towards a fully funded social work or occupational therapy degree. This is a truly fantastic offer and a great way to become a social worker or occupational therapist. For more information about this scheme please contact our Practice Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-House Home Service
For all staff that join as a care assistant will be automatically enrolled in undertaking the care certificate as this provides our care workers with standard sector-based skills, knowledge and behaviours to become the best care worker they can be. In addition, mandatory training is provided via a robust induction and all our care workers have access to sponsored qualifications and various other Surrey County Council training opportunities.
Service delivery locations
View our map of service delivery locations to see the sites that provide residential services for older people and adults with learning disabilities, as well as the reablement teams across Surrey.
Refer a friend to work at Surrey
Do you know someone who is kind, reliable and a team player? We need more staff to work with us as Care and Reablement Assistants in locations across Surrey. Please refer to our care assistant refer a friend page for more information.