Work life balance
Our employees have access to a wide range of benefits. This ensure that we are giving our hardworking employees the rewards they deserve for the tremendous services they provide for our county and the people in it.
Our core benefits consist of; a competitive pension scheme, 26 days annual leave entitlement rising to 28 days after 2 years service, maternity and adoption pay, sick pay entitlement, parental leave, early retirement and severance schemes, special leave for reserve forces training as well as awarding our longest service employees who reach 25 and 40 years with us.
Family and lifestyle discounts via Surrey Extra
- Discounts on food shopping
- Local offers/discounts
- Cinema tickets
- Weekends away
- Childcare vouchers (scheme now closed to new entrants),
- Microsoft Home User Programme.
Find out more about family and lifestyle discounts and the membership card. Surrey Extra discount website: In order to access the retail discounts and salary sacrifice schemes, you will need to follow a few steps to register on Surrey Extra.
Travel and transport staff benefits
- Lease car scheme- drive away a cost effective vehicle for a two or three year period
- Cycle to work schemes- you can save up to 42% (via salary sacrifice) on the cost of a brand new bike, up to the value of £3,000
- Bus and train discounts-season ticket loans and a plethora of discounts on a wide-range of transport options
- Car clubs and car sharing schemes.
Health and wellbeing staff benefits
- Healthcare plans
- Dental insurance
- Health and wellbeing assessments
- Gym/health club memberships and eye tests.
Work and education staff benefits
- Employee volunteering scheme
- Discounted adult learning courses
- Flexible working opportunities
- Fantastic CPD support.
Advice and support staff benefits
- Housing advice
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Whistleblowing (Navex Global)
- Credit Union services
For new starters, please check out benefits on SCC Info.