- Online music lessons for adults and children
- Online music lessons for vulnerable children and young people
- Help with setting up online learning
- Safeguarding policy for online learning
- Terms and conditions
- Other online music resources
Online music lessons for adults and children
Surrey Arts Online Learning (SAOL) offer an exciting programme for teaching music lessons remotely online. Online learning will support you to continue to make musical progress and provide you with a sense of structure.
Surrey Arts tutors use ZOOM Conferencing to deliver live lessons via the internet and instructions for adults, children, parents, guardians and tutors on how to use these apps are included in our technical guidance.
Students will need access to a suitable device with audio and visual capabilities as well as access to Wi-Fi.
How to apply and pay
You can apply and pay online:
Online music lessons for vulnerable children and young people
We know that music provides a vital creative outlet and a sense of stability and connection for children and young people which is why Surrey Arts has worked hard to set up free lessons for vulnerable children.
Surrey Arts is committed to continue supporting vulnerable groups to navigate life changes throughout the Autumn term and will be continuing our offer of 12 x free, online lessons during the Autumn term for children and young people from the following groups:
- Looked After Children in community homes or in foster care (age 8 and above)
- Care leavers up to the age of 25
- Short Breaks programme (at the school or in the child's home)
- Young people who attend alternative education settings (online lessons to take place within education settings such as Pupil Referral Units, mental health settings etc)
- Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Children
- Young refugees (age 8 and above)
- Mental Health referrals
- UP! Orchestra membership for 5 sessions (age 13 and above)
How to apply
For more information and to apply, please contact us.
Help with setting up online learning
We have created the following documents:
- Set up and technical guidance for tutors (PDF), to help tutors to set up and deliver online lessons with Surrey Arts students.
- Set up and technical guidance for students (PDF) to support students, their parents or carers set up online lessons with Surrey Arts.
If you are a student, their parent or carer and require further technical support in relation to Surrey Arts online lessons please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding policy for online learning
We have developed procedures and safeguarding policy for Surrey Arts Online Learning (SAOL), to ensure a quality experience is delivered in a safe environment. Please reads these in conjunction with our technical guidance for tutors and our technical guidance for students.
Terms and conditions
Our usual terms and conditions will apply for online learning.
Other online music resources
There are plenty of teaching and learning resources available on the internet. We have compiled a range of resources on the Surrey Music Hub Online Resources web page ranging from free music scores, activities for children and families, tuition clips and teaching and learning apps.
Files available to download
SAOL: Set up and technical guidance for tutors (6 April 2020) (PDF)
Guidance for tutors delivering online music lessons.
SAOL: set up and technical guidance for students (6 April 2020) (PDF)
Guidance for students attending online music lessons.