Apply and pay for children's music lessons
Apply for music lessons for September 2020
You can now apply online for music lessons in a school setting either during or after school, a music centre or online. If you wish to apply for online music lessons, please see our guidelines on how to setup online music lessons.
Apply online for music lessons
If you cannot apply online, please contact us to request an application form.
Before you apply please see the following webpages:
When applying please state your preferred instrument and preferred location were you would like your lessons to take place.
To find out more about what instruments we offer music lessons for and which schools and music centres we offer music lessons at, please contact us.
- If we do not currently teach that instrument at that location, we will contact you to discuss other available options and identify the nearest location.
- If we do teach in that preferred location and there is currently no availability, you will be put on a waiting list until the next available space and we will contact you to let them know when a space has become available.
Confirmation of your booking
- Music lessons for the autumn term will start from Saturday 12 September 2020. Please check your booking confirmation for your start date.
- You will receive your booking confirmation early September, by email or letter. We will then contact you to discuss availability and the most appropriate place and time for lessons.
- Invoices will be sent out in September.
If a pupil joins a lesson part way through the term, you will receive verbal confirmation followed by the booking confirmation letter or email.
If you are continuing your lessons
Any pupil currently having lessons with us will automatically be re-enrolled next term, unless they have already given notice not to continue or are finishing year 6 and moving onto secondary school.
Students who have requested lessons and are moving up to secondary school will be contacted by email.
Lessons will continue for students who already have lessons externally to their primary school and are moving up to year 7.
How much do music lessons cost?
Fees from September 2020 for a term of 10 lessons for all instruments and children at school:
- £86 (Group of three or four, 30 minutes)
- £126 (Group of two, 30 minutes)
- £153 (Individual, 20 minutes)
- £219 (Individual, 30 minutes)
- £57 (Group of five, 30 minutes)
Please note that piano group lessons are only available at Woking Youth Arts Centre.
We may offer free group lessons (subject to availability) or concessions to families who are in receipt of :
- Family Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (but not if they are entitled to Working Tax Credit or if their annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue, exceeds £16,190 in the current tax year)
- Universal Credit.
When we are arranging lessons let us know that you would like to claim this concession, and we will ask you to send proof of your entitlement to any of these benefits.
Pay for your music lessons
Once your music lessons have been confirmed, you will receive a booking confirmation. You can pay for your music lessons once you have received your invoice. If you have booked before the start of the term, invoices will be sent prior to music lessons starting.
It is important that you pay this invoice in full within two weeks of receiving it.
You can pay online using a debit or credit card, by entering your customer account number and invoice number.
Pay online for your music lessons
Alternatively, you can pay by cheque, by writing your customer account number and invoice number on the reverse of your cheque and posting it to: Surrey County Council, PO Box 738, Camberley, GU15 9LH.
Please note, you should not send any other correspondence to this address.
If your preferred instrument and location is not available you have the option to be put on a waiting list.
Instruments such as guitar, piano and drums are particularly over subscribed and it may take longer for lessons to be started.
When a suitable lesson is available Surrey Arts will contact you by email, with the lesson details and terms and conditions after which lessons can be set up and confirmation will be sent by email.
You can find out where you are on the waiting list by contacting Surrey Arts by email: firstname.lastname@example.org