Terms and conditions for children's music lessons
- We aim to teach a total of 30 lessons each academic year.
- School terms are of variable length and are usually more than 10 weeks long. Our intention is to average 10 lessons per term.
- There may be occasions when your child is unable to attend a lesson (for example sickness, school trips, other eventualities). As these occasions are beyond our control we cannot offer any credit or refund.
- If a pupil is absent for longer than four weeks due to illness or injury, this will be treated sympathetically.
- If a pupil is entitled to free school meals they may have free group lessons or a free 15-minute individual lesson if a group is not available.
- Force Majeure (war, civil war, armed conflict, terrorist attack, government action, fire, flood, severe weather conditions, pandemic or epidemic or any other matter that is beyond our control). We cannot be liable if a lesson has to be cancelled due to Force Majeure. In this event we will endeavour to resume lessons as soon as possible. Information on the resuming of lessons will be made available as soon as possible.
- We will timetable a lesson for your child each term until you give us notice in writing. We must have half a term's notice and lessons can only cease at the end of a full term, in order to cover our costs.
- To cancel lessons for the end of the term, notice is required by the last Friday before half term.
If a pupil misses a lesson due to a school INSET day or because the teacher is not available, then this lesson is made up later in the term. In most cases, we are able to make up any missing lessons in this way and deliver 10 lessons each term.
If you think your child may have missed a lesson, please refer to their Practice Notebook, which holds a record of each lesson held and is used for communication between teacher, pupil and parent. It provides a useful way of checking the number of lessons a pupil has had in any given term.
We monitor the number of lessons delivered for every teacher each term. If we are unable to deliver 10 lessons in a term, we will automatically correct this. We will either deliver an extra lesson the following term, or we will credit your account.
If you think your child has not received 10 lessons in a term, and you have not been credited or given extra lessons the following term, please contact us so that we can check our teacher register.
There may be occasions when your child is unable to attend a lesson (for example sickness, school trips, other eventualities). However, as these occasions are beyond our control we cannot offer any credit or refund.