We appreciate starting a new business has many pitfalls so we have put together some key information that should help you if you are providing products or a service to customers.
Surrey-i - information for your business:
- Surrey-i - providing you with an insight into the residents, communities and local economy of Surrey to help inform your business planning and development.
Web pages on the Gov.uk website:
- Starting up a business
- Setting Up
- Set up and register as self-employed
- Business finance explained
- Employers preventing discrimination
- Register a business with HMRC
- VAT -getting started
- VAT - How VAT works
Finance and other advice
- Self Employment advice on Gov.uk - If you want to become self-employed, find out about the free help and support available, and whether you qualify for the New Enterprise Allowance.
- Startups - Build a Better Business - Startups.co.uk is an online resource for starting a business. Whether you are a budding entrepreneur ready to start a business for the first time or you are an established entrepreneur looking to do it a second time, Startups.co.uk have all the news and information you need to get your small business starting on the right foot.
- Starting Your Own Business HMRC e-learning course - Will help answer questions about tax, National Insurance, business records and expenses.
- Becoming an Employer HMRC e-learning course - Will help answer questions about PAYE tax, National Insurance and running a payroll
- TechRound is an online magazine that provides news and guides on start-ups, business and technology. The site includes a range of guides which cover a wide variety of topics surrounding running a business
- SENSE directory of freelance nutritionists - to find help and an alternative to analysis for you to clarify nutritional information you need to display on food labels and menus
Find out more
- Business Continuity - a framework to ensure the resilience of your business to any eventuality, to help ensure continuity of service to your key customers and the protection of your brand and reputation.
- Get essential advice for your Surrey business
- Business fire safety advice is available from Surrey Fire and Rescue Service, along with free business safe and well visits.