Licences, permits and consents are issued by either local districts and boroughs or Surrey County Council, depending on the activity.
Buckinghamshire and Surrey County Council now operate a joint trading standards service. All permits and trading standards enquires for Buckinghamshire residents are now managed by Surrey County Council.
View information held in registers required by law and other lists relating to Surrey.
- Banners - consent for banners on the highway
- Building materials on the road and footpath licence
- Bunting - consent for bunting over or along the roadside
- Bus stops - temporary bus stop suspension application
- Civil ceremonies - licensing premises for civil ceremonies
- Consumer credit licence
- Cranes and cherry pickers - licence for placing a crane, a cherry picker or other machinery on the road
- Hairdressers - do not have to register with their local council.
- Hoarding and scaffolding licence
- Machinery - licence for placing machinery on the road
- Marriage ceremonies - licensing premises for civil marriages
- Petroleum – an application for a new, or renewal of an existing petroleum storage certificate or to inform us of a change of keeper
- Portable advertising signs - information on the placing of A boards
- Poisons - applying for or renewing a poisons licence
- Public events - licence to close roads due to public events
- Scaffolding and hoarding licences
- Signs - new and temporary sign requests
- Skip licensing - how to apply for a skip licence and skip company registration/operators licence
- Sports grounds and stands
- Tables and chairs pavement licence
- Traffic signals - temporary traffic signals licence
- Trees - application for planting new trees on the highway
- Vehicle crossovers or dropped kerbs applications
- Vehicles - licensing of goods vehicles or vehicle operators licence