Coronavirus and family centres
Our buildings are closed but outreach workers are still working and offering family support to those who need it. Support is offered to families, by phone, email and video calling. In some cases, dropping off resources following social distancing guidelines. All group activities have been stopped until further notice.
The type of support outreach workers can offer to families are:
- access to resources
- helping families in need to access food vouchers or food parcels
- delivering hygiene packs for families in isolation
- delivery of activity packs, including ideas, art and craft resources
- loaning of toys and books
- coordination of support to provide resources for babies, clothes, equipment etc
- access to Healthy Start vitamins for families in receipt of vouchers
- parenting support in difficult times
- supporting parents with strategies to manage children in the home
- supporting parental relationships, particularly managing conflict caused by isolation
- signposting to online parenting and family sessions
- wellbeing and financial advice
- offering advice and support on wellbeing during isolation
- financial advice.
Family centres are supporting families' individual circumstances, therefore not all centres will be offering the same services. Access to the family centres outreach is through the Children's Single Point of Access (CSPA)
About the centre
The Family Centre will be at the Surrey Heath Young People and Family Centre.
The Family Centre team will support families where it best suits the needs of the family. This could be in family's homes, at local community venues or in the centre itself, they will visit families most in need who live anywhere in the Surrey Heath area. There will be some activities for groups of families who need extra help who share the same issues for example postnatal depression or parenting. In addition staff will signpost families to activities run in the community by other organisations.
Requests for family support for families who need targeted help can be made through Surrey Children's Single Point of Access (SPA). The SPA provides residents and people who work with children in Surrey with direct information, advice and guidance about where and how to find the appropriate support for children and families.
For the most up-to-date information on opening times, for when services will be available until and how to access them, please visit the individual centres' websites.
Surrey Heath Family Centre
- Address: The Old Dean Young People and Family Centre, Kingston Road, Camberley GU15 4AF
- Email: SurreyHeathFamilyCentre@barnardos.org.uk