Coronavirus and family centres
Our buildings are closed but outreach workers are still working and offering family support to those who need it. Support is offered to families, by phone, email and video calling. In some cases, dropping off resources following social distancing guidelines. All group activities have been stopped until further notice.
The type of support outreach workers can offer to families are:
- access to resources
- helping families in need to access food vouchers or food parcels
- delivering hygiene packs for families in isolation
- delivery of activity packs, including ideas, art and craft resources
- loaning of toys and books
- coordination of support to provide resources for babies, clothes, equipment etc
- access to Healthy Start vitamins for families in receipt of vouchers
- parenting support in difficult times
- supporting parents with strategies to manage children in the home
- supporting parental relationships, particularly managing conflict caused by isolation
- signposting to online parenting and family sessions
- wellbeing and financial advice
- offering advice and support on wellbeing during isolation
- financial advice.
Family centres are supporting families' individual circumstances, therefore not all centres will be offering the same services. Access to the family centres outreach is through the Children's Single Point of Access (CSPA)
About the centres
In Reigate and Banstead there are four family centres.
The Family Centre teams will support families where it best suits the needs of the family. This could be in family's homes, at local community venues or in the centre itself, they will visit families most in need who live anywhere in the Reigate and Banstead Borough. There will be some activities for groups of families who need extra help who share the same issues for example postnatal depression or parenting. In addition staff will signpost families to activities run in the community by other organisations.
Requests for family support for families who need targeted help can be made through Surrey Children's Single Point of Access (SPA). The SPA provides residents and people who work with children in Surrey with direct information, advice and guidance about where and how to find the appropriate support for children and families.
Contact details for family centres in Reigate and Banstead are listed below. For centres in other areas of Surrey, visit our main Family Centres page.
The Red Oak Family Centre - Merstham
The new family centre for Merstham and Salfords is run by Furzefield Primary and Nursery School who are the current provider for the centre on behalf of Surrey County Council.
- Address: Radstock Way, Merstham, RH1 3NH
- Tel: 01737 645908
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Red Oak Family Centre - Merstham website
Welcare in East Surrey Family Centre - Redhill
The new family centre for Redhill, Earlswood and Reigate is run by Welcare in East Surrey on behalf of Surrey County Council. Welcare is a regional charity working with children and families across South London and East Surrey. Welcare is the current provider for the Redhill centre on behalf of Surrey County Council.
- Address: Welcare House, 24 Warwick Road, Redhill RH1 1BU
- Tel: 01737 780884
- Email: email@example.com
- Welcare in East Surrey Family Centre - Redhill website
Epsom Downs Family Centre
The new family centre for Epsom Downs, Tadworth, Banstead and Hooley is run by Epsom Downs Primary School who are the current provider for the centre on behalf of Surrey County Council.
- Address: Epsom Downs Primary School, St Leonard's Road, Epsom Downs KT18 5RJ
- Tel: 01737 851079 or 01737 851085
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Epsom Downs Family Centre website
Horley Family Centre
The new family centre for Horley is operated by YMCA East Surrey on behalf of Surrey County Council. YMCA East Surrey is a local charity with experience of providing targeted services for the most vulnerable children and young people. YMCA is already a partner working with us in Surrey.
In September we relocated our Horley Family Centre to the Young People's Centre.
- Address: Horley Young People and Family Centre, The Old Fire Station, Albert Road, Horley RH6 7JA
- Tel: 01293 775777
- Email: email@example.com
- Horley Family Centre website