Expression of Interest
- Reference: orbis/TP/78609/18039
- Positions: 250
- Category: Fire & Rescue
- Contract type: Permanent
- Working hours: 42 Per Week
- Posted on: 13 October 2021
- Closing date: N/A
- Directorate: SCC: Community Protection Group
- Location: Countywide
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from generous annual leave entitlement, a local government salary related pension or Firefighter pension. For more information about the wide variety of benefits offered please visit Benefits for working in Surrey Fire and Rescue - Surrey County Council (surreycc.gov.uk).
About the role
At Surrey Fire and Rescue Service, we have a number of different opportunities to offer those interested in joining the service in both operational and non-operational roles.
Through this process you will be able to register your interest in the following areas:
- Crew Commander
- Watch Commander
- Station Commander
- Group Commander
- Business Safety
- Community Safety
- Business Support
- Digital and Data Services
- Health and Safety
- Training and Development
- Human Resources
- Joint Fire Control
Those who have expressed an interest in a particular area will be notified of relevant opportunities at the appropriate time.
This is an opportunity for those wishing to join Surrey Fire and Rescue Service to register their interest in different areas of the organisation.
Surrey Fire and Rescue Service has the responsibility of protecting over one million people who live in the 650 square miles of Surrey. The Service employs just under 700 people across the County in a variety of roles. Comprising both uniformed personnel and support staff, they all share one vision: With you, making Surrey safer. We do this by:
- Serving the needs of our community.
- Flexibly responding to a constantly changing environment.
- Recognising and embedding diversity in everything we do
- Solving challenges through intelligence driven collaboration, innovation and improvements.
Surrey Fire and Rescue is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.
The values below will be crucial in delivering our corporate strategy and are what we draw on to make a difference for Surrey residents. We expect all our staff to embody these values.
- Fairness and Respect – We embrace diversity and promote a culture of inclusivity.
- Responsibility – We are answerable for our decisions and actions.
- Professionalism - We will always be the best we can be.
- Honesty and integrity – We are truthful and trustworthy. We do the right
Completion of the expression of interest form will not be considered as a form of application. It is expected prospective candidates will complete the appropriate application process once a suitable opportunity of interest arises.
Any offer of employment will be conditional until all of the conditions of the offer have been satisfied.