Waste and recycling complaints

Important information: Suspension of garden waste collection by local district or borough councils

If your garden waste collection has been suspended by your local district/borough council, you can dispose of your garden waste using a car for free at one of our Community Recycling Centres.

If you are using a van, pickup or a trailer to dispose of your garden waste, you will need to purchase a van, pickup and trailer waste permit and can dispose of your garden waste at one of the nine designated Community Recycling Centres.

Please contact your local borough council directly, for more information on the suspension of your garden waste collection.

You will need to contact your local borough or district council about the following waste or recycling issues:

  • household waste bin emptying/collections
  • dog fouling
  • fly tipping
  • street cleaning and litter

Tell us about an issue at our community recycling centres

You can contact us, to tell us about any of the following issues you may have with regard to disposing of waste at our community recycling centres (CRCs):

  • Our CRC policy (i.e. charges, opening times, pedestrians etc.),
  • CRC van permit scheme,
  • the level of service provided at our CRCs.

How to make a complaint

Online complaint form

You can make a complaint about the waste and recycling service you have received from us.

The quickest and easiest way to make a complaint about the services we provide, is to use our online complaint form.

If you unable to use the form and need to contact us in a different way, then please contact our Customer Relations Team:

  • Address: Customer Relations Team, Surrey County Council, Dakota, 11 De Havilland Drive, Brooklands Industrial Park, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0YP
  • Email: county.complaints@surreycc.gov.uk
  • Telephone our contact centre: 03456 009 009 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays)


Once reported, we aim to respond to your complaint within 10 working days at the latest. If your complaint takes longer, we will keep you informed of the progress. Please see our complaints procedure for more information.