Concerns and complaints about Surrey schools and academies

If you have a concern about your child's school or academy and wish to make a complaint, please contact the school or academy directly.


Ofsted cannot resolve individual disagreements between complainants and a school or affect the result of the school's complaints process.

Talk about your concerns

Try to talk to a member of staff at the school or academy first. Many concerns can be resolved in this way and it helps to maintain a good relationship with the school or academy.

School and academy complaints procedures

If the informal discussion doesn't work, ask for a copy of the school or academy's complaints procedure (usually available on their website) and follow their guidance on how to express your concern.

Did you find this information helpful?

Subscribe to our newsletters for latest news and events.