Find out information on how to sign up for flooding alerts, how to prepare for emergencies, salting and gritting advice and much more.
- Advice for businesses on preparing for winter
- Advice for staff during disruption
- Booking safe and well visits
- Council services affected by bad weather
- Emergency office closures
- Fire safety during the cost of living crisis
- Flooding advice
- Frozen or burst pipes
- Grit bins
- Help for children and families at risk in winter
- Information about schools in bad weather
- Preparing your home for emergencies
- Prepare your community for emergencies
- Power, gas and water failure advice
- Report a highways issue
- Roads and transport update
- Salting and gritting facts
- Sign up flooding and weather alerts
- Winter health advice
Financial and Welfare support
If you are in need of support this winter, there is information including, tips and contact details for your essential services in our Welfare Hub.
If you are feeling lonely, cold and would like somewhere to go and get warm, there are over 70 Warm Welcomes across Surrey where you can drop in have a free hot drink, get warm and meet others. Most of our Surrey Libraries also offer a Warm Welcome this winter, feel free to drop by.