Get information to help you stay safe during the summer season, including how to prepare for emergencies caused by the warmer weather, such as water outages, wildfires and hosepipe bans, and how to stay safe when outdoors in Surrey's countryside.
Travel and schools
Council services and staff
Emergencies and outdoor safety
- Water safety
- Power, gas and water shortage advice
- Outdoor safety – including information on wildfires
- Flooding advice
- Preparing your home for emergencies
- Prepare your community for emergencies
Cost of living
- Financial support - Cost of living
- Fire safety during the cost of living crisis
- Help for children and families at risk
Contact the community helpline
If you are unable to find the right help and support on these webpages you can speak with a member of our community helpline team. You can talk through your needs with them and they will help to point you in the right direction for financial, welfare or wellbeing support in Surrey.
You can call 0300 200 1008 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays) to speak to the team. For more options on how to contact the community helpline team, please visit our Community helpline webpage.