Find out how to apply to offer residential and nursing care for older people in Surrey, sing up to drop-in sessions, and see our care cost modelling.
New residential and nursing care contract – from 1 July 2022
If you want to offer residential and nursing care for older people in Surrey, you need to apply through our new contract.
It's a joint contract between:
- Surrey County Council (SCC) and
- NHS Surrey Heartlands who also host Continuing Healthcare (CHC) for Frimley Integrated Commissioning Board (Surrey Heath and Farnham only).
It offers longer-term arrangements with care providers to:
- develop better relationships and communication channels
- maintain good sustainable services for residents
- help manage costs and capacity in the market.
We are using a Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS), where new providers can apply to join the contract throughout its full six year term. This could be extended to 10 years.
What can you apply for?
The Residential and Nursing Care contract includes the following services (lots):
- Lot 1: Residential Care with or without Nursing (Older People only). This includes long and short term placements for Adult Social Care (ASC). You can bid for this work from 1 July 2022.
- Lot 2: Continuing Healthcare (CHC) Nursing Care (Older People or End of Life fast track only). This includes long and short term placements for CHC. You can bid for this work from 1 July 2022.
- Lot 3: Discharge to Recover and Assess (Placeholder, Older people only). This is due to go live in later this year, 2022.
How to apply
- Register and login to Proactis, our tender platform
- Search for the contract reference RFX1000114
- Follow the instructions on the platform.
In future, providers on the Dynamic Purchasing System will be able to help us shape and tender for these services:
- Lot 4: Residential Care with or without Nursing (Placeholder, Adults for ASC and CHC only -18-65)
- Lot 5: Residential Care with or without Nursing (Placeholder, Learning Disability for ASC and CHC only)
- Lot 6: ASC and/or CHC Residential Care with or without Nursing Block Contracts (Placeholder, Older People only).
Terms and conditions
Provider drop-in sessions
Surrey commissioners hold a monthly drop-in for residential and nursing care older people's providers. This is an opportunity to stay up to date on any changes in policy or raise any concerns with our senior officers and health partners. It's also a chance to network and discuss issues, better ways of working and enable better collaboration.
If you would like to attend, please contact Amy Morgan via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Residential and Nursing Care Cost Modelling
As suggested by the Residential and Nursing Care Working Group, we commissioned an independent company, Care Analytics, to research and analyse the cost of residential and nursing care placements we make in Surrey. The purpose was to better understand the cost of care in the local market.
We used this information to inform our cost modelling approach.
Please see Surrey Cost Model Overview (PDF).
Files available to download
Surrey Cost Model Overview (PDF)
A ‘transparency statement’ for the cost of care exercise carried out by Surrey County Council in 2021.