Making a referral to adult social care

The information and links on this page are for health or care professionals, including GPs and nurses, who want to refer residents to adult social care services in Surrey.

Useful links

Before referring a resident to Adult Social Care, consider whether the options below could help you find the information or services they need.

Council housing or sheltered housingDistrict or borough council
Community transportCommunity transport
Personal care alarms, wheelchair loans and other equipment and technology to help at homeEquipment and technology for adult social care
Befriending service if someone is feeling lonely or isolatedSocial Prescribing (Surrey Information Point)
Depression, bereavement or other mental health supportMental wellbeing (Healthy Surrey)
Local care and support optionsSurrey Information Point

Make a referral

Professional referrals

Before you make a referral, ensure the person you are supporting has eligible care and support needs. For:

  • Adult with care and support needs
  • Carer with support needs


Professional referrals


Please see:

Safeguarding adults - report abuse or neglect

Deprivation of Liberty (DoLS)

Request standard authorisation or urgent authorisation. Visit the

Deprivation of Liberty Forms online


You can refer people directly for advocacy services. Find out more at:

Referrals for Surrey Adult Advocacy Services

In this section