There are lots of day centres, groups and clubs across Surrey that will help you get out and about, meet other people and try something new.
Day centres and activities
Day centres often run activities and lunch clubs, and some can also provide a mini-bus to pick you up and take you home again.
Take a look through a range of day centres to find one near you, or contact your local borough or district council:
- Elmbridge - centres for the community
- Epsom and Ewell - Community and Wellbeing Centre
- Guildford - contact Guildford Borough Council for social centres
- Mole Valley - social centres
- Reigate and Banstead - community centres
- Spelthorne - community centres
- Surrey Heath - Windle Valley Centre for older people
- Tandridge - The Westway Community Cafe and Wellbeing Centre for older people
- Waverley - community and day centres
- Woking - centres for the community
Befriending and support groups can also help if you are feeling isolated and/or lonely and Good Neighbour schemes can help you stay independent by helping with transport, shopping, collecting prescriptions and popping in for a chat.
Connect to Support Surrey holds information on a range of groups and activities local to your area, which include art, gardening, singing and photography to name a few.
Ageing Well from Active Surrey also gives suggestions on a range of sports and physical activities aiming to inspire residents aged 50+ to try something new improve their health and wellbeing. You can also find information on Otago Strength and Balance classes.