If you are concerned about the safety of a child, young person or an adult you can contact our Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH).
The Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) responds to initial enquiries about children, young people and adults. The MASH is based at Guildford Police Station and combines Children's Service social workers, Adult's Service social workers, and health and police staff.
Availability: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Phone: 0300 470 9100
- Out of hours phone: 01483 517898 to speak to our emergency duty team.
- Email: emails are dealt with during normal office hours
- For concerns for a child or young person: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secure email: if you want to report concerns for a child or young person using secure email, please contact: email@example.com
- For concerns for an adult: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax number: 01483 519862
If you have already been in touch with children's social care services and would like to contact your allocated social worker or family support worker directly, please find your local area number below.
For any general or non-safeguarding concerns in relation to an adult (including young adults) please contact Adult Social Care.
Local Area Contact details
North east: 0300 123 1610
The north east area covers the following three boroughs:
- Elmbridge (Esher, Walton on Thames and Weybridge)
- Epsom and Ewell (Epsom, Ewell and part of both Stoneleigh and Worcester Park)
- Spelthorne (Ashford, Laleham, Shepperton, Staines-upon-Thames, Stanwell and Sunbury-on-Thames)
North west: 0300 123 1630
The north west area covers the following three district and boroughs:
South east: 0300 123 1620
The south east area covers the following three district and boroughs:
- Tandridge (Caterham and Oxted)
- Reigate and Banstead (Redhill, Horley, Reigate and Banstead)
- Mole Valley (Dorking and Leatherhead)
South west: 0300 123 1640
The south west area covers the following two boroughs:
Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm
The LADO Service manages allegations against individuals who work or volunteer with children in Surrey. If you have a concern regarding someone who works with children please contact the LADO on 0300 123 1650* or LADO@surreycc.gov.uk.
Surrey Safeguarding Children Board (SSCB)
Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm
The Surrey Safeguarding Children Board co-ordinates how children are safeguarded and protected from harm. The SSCB is based in Leatherhead.
The Surrey Safeguarding Children Board website provides guidance and protocols for professionals as well as details of child protection training courses available.
- SSCB Support Team: 01372 833330
- SSCB Chair: 01372 833378
- SSCB Training: 01372 833330 or email@example.com
Child deaths should be reported to the SSCB Child death overview panel coordinator:
|CDOP Co-ordinator||01372 833319||CDOP@surreycc.gov.uk|
Assessment Consultation Therapy (ACT)
To make a referral or for an initial discussion, please phone 01483 519606 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other local organisations' contact details
The Surrey Safeguarding Children Board (SSCB) website also includes contact details for other local organisations providing help and support for the family.
* Surrey County Council call charges:
Calls to 03 numbers cost no more than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number and must count towards any inclusive minutes in the same way as 01 and 02 calls.
These rules apply to calls from any type of line including mobile, BT, other fixed line or payphone.