What is the Corporate Parenting Board?
The Corporate Parenting Board (CPB) provides robust assurance of the whole corporate parenting system, ensuring Surrey is an outstanding corporate parent to its children; and that all looked after children and care leavers can achieve their full potential in life.
Surrey CPB puts looked after children and care leavers at the heart of everything we do. Members will inquire and understand, set ambition, champion and challenge our collective care of looked after children and care leavers. It is strategic, forward thinking, informed by our experts, practitioners, children and carers, and has high expectations for the quality and experience of support and services children and carers receive.
The foundation of our work across our system is the Corporate Parenting Strategy, Sufficiency Strategy and Pledge Commitments we make to looked after children and care leavers about how we will care for and support them.
The CPB holds six themed meetings per year, in accordance with the Forward Plan. Annual progress and achievements of the board are reported to full council, along with an update of the board's many sponsored programmes and projects.
Ten county councillors are members of the CPB:
- Cllr. Sinead Mooney, Cabinet Lead for Children and Families (chair of the Board)
- Cllr. Clare Curran, Cabinet Lead for Education and Learning
- Cllr. Jonathon Essex
- Cllr. Rebecca Paul
- Cllr. Catherine Powell
- Cllr. Maureen Attewell
- Cllr. Steve Bax
- Cllr. Fiona White
- Cllr. John Robini
- Cllr. Jeremy Webster
Officer membership of the CPB:
- Jane Porter, Foster Carer
- Cindy Morris, Care Experienced Foster Carer
- Linda Grover, Foster Carer
- Joanna Killian, Chief Executive
- Rachael Wardell, Executive Director
- Tina Benjamin, Director - Corporate Parenting
- Jo Rabbitte, Assistant Director - Children's Resources
- Anwen Foy, Headteacher - Surrey Virtual School
- Sam Reynolds - User Voice and Participation
- Lisa Adams - Principle Health Lead
Racheal Ireton, Corporate Parenting Project Manager
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 07973 324 737
- Address: Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Rd, Woking GU22 7QQ
What does the Corporate Parenting Strategy cover?
- It sets out our vision and high aspirations for our children
- It shows how we plan to achieve our aims
- It explains how we will fulfil our corporate parenting responsibilities to all our children and young people in care and care leavers
Our corporate parenting strategy is under review and temporarily unavailable, our refreshed Pledge and strategy will be available in autumn 2023.