Surrey Heath parking review 2020-21
A30 London Road, Camberley Bus Lane
The detailed plans showing all changes to this bus lane can be viewed at the bottom of this page. It is proposed to:
- Remove the sections of the A30 London Road bus lane located between Park Street and Grand Avenue. It is anticipated that this will provide enhancements to westbound traffic movements through the junction with Lower Charles Street and will also provide a widened shared footway and cycleway in this section. Such measures will encourage further walking and cycling within the Camberley town centre area.
- Remove the sections of the A30 London Road bus lane located between Frimley Road and numbers 431 to 437 London Road. In combination with the parking restriction changes, this will increase the capacity of the A30 to two westbound traffic lanes and will improve traffic flow, reduce delays, and improve air quality.
- Change the operational times of the bus lane from '7am-9:30am and 4pm-7pm, Monday to Friday' to 'twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week'. Traffic levels have increased since the bus lane was first introduced, with significant traffic congestion being reported along the A30 during a wider range of times and days of the week. This includes the daytime peak periods and evenings, as well as on Saturday and Sunday. It is therefore proposed to make the bus lane operational at any time to increase bus journey consistency and create a safer cycling facility for longer periods of the day.
- No longer allow Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs) to use the bus lane. Changes to bus lane design standards mean HGVs are no longer permitted to use bus lanes unless they are at least 4m wide. As the A30 London Road bus lane is generally 3m wide, HGV use should now be prohibited.
If you wish to comment on, support or object to any of these proposed bus lane changes then please complete our Surrey Says feedback form and select 'A30 London Road (Bus Lane)' in the location drop down box. Alternatively, please write to: TRO Team, Parking Team, Hazel House, Merrow Lane, Guildford, GU4 7BQ.
Pembroke Broadway, Camberley Loading Bay
The detailed plan showing the location of this new loading bay can be viewed at the bottom of this page. This is primarily to facilitate the loading and unloading of goods to and from Ashwood House, following its conversion to apartments known as 'Lumina'. However, it will be available for use by anyone wishing to load or unload goods in this part of Camberley town centre.
If you wish to comment on, support or object to this proposed loading bay then please write to: TRO Team, Parking Team, Hazel House, Merrow Lane, Guildford, GU4 7BQ.
Files available to download
- A30 London Road, Camberley - Bus Lane and Parking Amendments (PDF)
Plans showing the proposed amendments to the bus lane and parking restrictions on A30 London Road, Camberley
- Pembroke Broadway, Camberley - Loading Bay Plan (PDF)
Plan showing proposed loading only bay on Pembroke Broadway, Camberley