Work experience in Surrey Fire and Rescue Service
At Surrey Fire and Rescue Service, we intend to offer work experience placements to students who wish to learn more about community protection, team work, positive attitudes, and how to get the best from yourself and others.
We would like to encourage enthusiastic students to apply who are keen to find out more about what we do.
Who can apply for our work experience scheme?
Our work experience scheme is aimed at students at school, college, or university.
Benefits of a work experience placement with Surrey Fire and Rescue Service
There are many rewards and benefits of work experience. By choosing to do a placement with us, we will help you:
- Gain practical experience in the job you are interested in.
- Raise your awareness of current developments in the work area.
- Improve your future job prospects. Work experience can make you more interesting to employers and give you something to talk about on job applications and your CV.
- Gain confidence as you build on your skills and knowledge.
- Create professional networks.
- Explore career options to make a positive career choice.
- Gain excellent knowledge and insight into a fire and rescue service.
What you can expect from us
- A programme designed to provide insight into an emergency service.
- First-hand experience of what happens in a typical day on the job.
- An opportunity to meet different people in your chosen area, ask questions and learn more.
- A safe and secure placement where you will be treated fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of public sector.
- Encouragement and support.
Contact us for work experience
If you are interested in a placement with Surrey Fire and Rescue Service, please email us at email@example.com.
Most placements occur in the summer term. We can't guarantee finding you a placement but we will do our best to support you.