We are open Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and the second Saturday in the month but please keep an eye on our website or follow our social media channels for the latest updates and news.
Book your session
We recommend that you book a place to use our Heather D Hawker searchroom. Please book your session(s) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 01483 518737 at least two working days before you plan to visit.
There are two sessions per day, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
The session times are:
- Morning session: 9.30am to 12.45pm
- Afternoon session: 1.45pm to 5pm
Visitors can book one or both sessions per day.
We are also open on the second Saturday of the month: 9.30am to 1pm and 1.45pm to 4.15pm.
Please refer to our opening hours page for more information.
Visitors who cannot attend a booking will need to contact us by email or telephone as soon as possible and re-book a subsequent session.
Order collection items before your visit
If you wish to order original documents at least 24 hours in advance of your visit, we can have up to 10 documents per session available for you when you arrive. Please use our online catalogue to identify what you need to see or contact us if you need any help.
Pre-booked access to microfilm and fiche readers and public library computers in the searchroom is now available.
- Please bring your Surrey Libraries Card, CARN ticket or Archives Card with you. If this is your first visit we can issue you a day pass on production of proof of ID and place of residence.
- Please bring your own pencil, notepaper or laptop with you.
- Staff will be on hand as usual in our foyer and searchroom to provide help and advice.
- Free Wi-Fi is available.
- Photo permits will be available for purchase as usual if you wish to take your own photographs.
Please read our frequently asked questions for more information about reopening the History Centre and your visit.
- Explore our collections from home via our online catalogue and Exploring Surrey's Past
- Discover our free learning resources and online activities for all ages.
- Continue to contact us for help with research questions or navigating our collections.
- Follow our Seeking Surrey Ancestors blog.
- Visit our online shop for a wonderful selection of archaeological and local history material.
- Follow us on social media: on Facebook, on Twitter @SurreyHeritage, on Instagram @surreyhistorycentre and on TikTok @surreyheritage.