Surrey History Centre reopening
We are now pleased to welcome visitors back to Surrey History Centre for pre-booked access to our unique collections. Please email us to reserve your place.
Our opening hours
Opening hours from 4 October
- Monday: closed
- Tuesday: 9.30am to 12.45pm and 1.45pm to 5pm
- Wednesday: 10am to 12.45pm and 1.45pm to 5pm
- Thursday: 9.30am to 12.45pm and 1.45pm to 5pm
- Friday: 9.30am to 12.45pm and 1.45pm to 5pm
- Saturday: Second and fourth Saturdays of the month, 9.30am to 1pm and 1.45pm to 4.15pm
- Sunday: closed
Annual stocktaking, 2021
We will be closed for annual stocktaking from Monday 29 November to Monday 13 December inclusive and will reopen on Tuesday 14 December at 9.30am.
Christmas and New Year opening hours
- Tuesday 21 December: 9.30am to 12.45pm and 1.45pm to 5pm
- Wednesday 22 December: 9.30am to 12.45pm and 1.45pm to 5pm
- Thursday 23 December: 9.30am to 12.45pm and 1.45pm to 5pm
- Friday 24 December: 9.30am to 12.45pm only. Closed in the afternoon
- Wednesday 29 December: 9.30am to 12.45pm and 1.45pm to 5pm
- Thursday 30 December: 9.30am to 12.45pm and 1.45pm to 5pm
- Friday 31 December: 9.30am to 12.45pm and 1.45pm to 5pm
How to find us
Our address and contact details
- Address: Surrey History Centre, 130 Goldsworth Road, Woking, Surrey GU21 6ND
- Telephone: 01483 518737
- Email: email@example.com
As part of the redevelopment of Woking town centre a number of road closures will be taking place. Please see Woking integrated transport project on Woking Borough Council website for details.
Please note our postcode for Satnav users is GU21 6NU.
From the north (Chertsey A320)
- Turn right into Church Street West which becomes Goldsworth Road. Go across the Morrisons roundabout, and after the zebra crossing turn left into Kingsway for the car park entrance.
From the south (Guildford A320)
- Go under the railway bridge and turn immediate left into Goldsworth Road. Turn left into Kingsway for the car park entrance.
From St. John's, Horsell and Dorking
- At the west end of Goldsworth Road, turn off at the roundabout into Kingsway. Towards the end of the road, turn left into the Surrey History Centre car park.
- Parking is available at the side of the building.
- There is reserved parking for visitors with disabilities closest to the front entrance, but spaces should be booked in advance.
Fast trains from London Waterloo take around half an hour to get to Woking. Taxis are available outside the station.
We are 15 minutes walk from Woking railway station. Leave the station by platform one. Turn left out of the station, and walk along the High Street and across the pedestrianised area in front of Boots. Cross at the pelican crossing, continue past the market, and cross at the double pelican crossing. Walk along Goldsworth Road, turning left at the T junction, and continue past the Morrisons roundabout until you see the History Centre on your left.
Four bicycle parking hoops are provided.