Safe and friendly places for everyone
Last year, Surrey County Council, district, borough and Town and Parish councils worked together with Surrey's faith and community groups to open a network of Warm Hubs that supported residents who were most effected by the cost-of-living and energy crisis.
With the cost-of-living crisis affecting more people than ever, this year we are proud to let you know that we have re-opened warm spaces across Surrey, now known as Warm Welcome venues.
Many millions of UK residents will be affected by high energy bills, rising mortgage costs and Surrey is no different. Many of our neighbours, friends, and families will be forced to make difficult decisions on whether to heat their homes or eat three meals a day.
Warm Welcome venues are open to all residents this winter free of charge. Whether you are old or young, live alone or with your family, feel like you are struggling or just managing to get by, a Warm Welcome awaits you.
How to find Warm Welcome venues near you
There are currently 76 Warm Welcome venues across Surrey in a variety of community spaces including community and church halls, libraries and leisure centres.
All you have to do is show up! Come inside, warm up, enjoy a hot drink and receive energy advice and much more.
Some venues will also be offering breakfast and lunchtime clubs, afterschool clubs for children, creative activities such as board games, toddler toys and knitting. A number of Warm Welcomes will also be giving out free items such as wheat bags, thermal socks and gloves, electric blankets, and flasks (subject to availability).
To find your nearest Warm Welcome visit the Warm Welcome web page.
More from community matters
- Help us showcase Surrey's beautiful landscape
- Continued support for Ukrainians in Surrey
- Your Fund Surrey Small Community Projects Funding
- Top 10 library events this December
- Don’t fall victim to scammers this Christmas
- Councillors Community Funding now open
- Keep informed with the In The Know scheme
- Our Libraries are Where It Happens!
- Shortlist revealed for 2023 Stars in Surrey awards
- Be Scam Aware
- Multi million pound transformations for Surrey Libraries
- Art Matters
- Surrey Libraries introduce biodegradable eco library cards
- The Start of A Musical Journey
- Community Link Officers in Surrey
- Do you know how safe your electric blanket is?
- Free bus travel in Surrey and across England
- Trading Standards take action against short measures at fuel pumps
- Trading Standards work to keep public safe from scams
- Surrey Libraries Super Access comes to Horley
- Directory of Essential Services for every household in Surrey
- Banstead library introduces ‘magic table’ to help people with dementia
- Let’s all stand up to harassment
- Winter Mini Challenge 2023
- Community Link Officers are making it happen across Surrey