Upskill and boost your potential
A new year gives new opportunity to upskill and boost your earning potential. Check out some of the free and funded opportunities provided by Surrey County Council below.
Free Skills Bootcamps
Unlock new opportunities with our free Skills Bootcamps.
Gain hands-on training and practical expertise in the exciting growing sectors of digital marketing, cyber, construction and electric vehicles. Guaranteed interviews at the end of course means you could land a new job after just 16 weeks. Available to anyone aged 19 plus.
Enrol today by visiting the Skills Bootcamps website.
Digital careers for mums
Mums returning to work or looking to change career can learn more about working in digital at an in person workshop on 13 March from 10am to 12.30pm at the Epsom and Ewell Hub. We're working with Surrey Cyber Security Cluster to provide the in-person session with employers in this growing sector.
To book your tickets for the workshop visit the Digital Leap Eventbrite web page.
Date for the Diary
Learn more about careers in digital and cyber at a free community fair in Leatherhead. Employers from across Surrey will be at the Inspire Surrey event at the Mole Valley Employment and Skills Hub on 12 April.
Everyone welcome. Visit the Surrey Cyber Security Cluster for more information.
Businesses wanted for Work Wise
Surrey residents with physical or mental health disabilities will receive help finding, staying and succeeding in work thanks a new programme launching later this year.
Work Wise is looking for businesses interested in supporting this programme. Find out more by emailing IPSPC@surreycc.gov.uk.
Futureproof your career today
Master the trades of tomorrow with free Green Skills courses. Open to anyone with a trade or working in the construction industry. Become the go-to expert in this growing sector and boost your potential earnings.
Limited spaces are available. It takes just minutes to apply. Visit the green skills web page for more information.
Share your skills with schools
Are you passionate about helping schools and colleges shape the futures of young people? Volunteer with the Surrey Careers Hub as an Enterprise Adviser and provide an invaluable employer perspective to students at the county's schools and colleges.
Share your skills and experience today; support Surrey's workforce of tomorrow. To find out more email email@example.com with the subject line: Enterprise Adviser enquiry.
Break into the business market
We've teamed up with the Rebel Business school to get your business idea off the ground. Free online courses are available to all Surrey residents, starting 26 February.
To sign up, visit the Rebel Business School website.
Free courses with Surrey Adult Learning
Surrey Adult Learning (SAL) offer lots of free business, employability and digital skills courses for adults, from how to use your apple Macbook, book keeping, finance and marketing and general digital skills, there is something for everyone.
They also offer a series of free refresher courses on topics such as how to write cover letters, interview techniques and how to refresh your CV. Using the course finder tool, type 'Refresh' in the keyword section to find courses.
SAL new summer term starts after Easter and new courses open for enrolment from 9am on Wednesday 13 March. 850 plus courses will go live which you can search for using the course finder tool.
More from community matters
- Help us showcase Surrey's beautiful landscape
- Your Fund Surrey Small Community Projects Funding
- Top 10 library events this February
- Don’t fall victim to scammers
- Keep informed with the In The Know scheme
- Our Libraries are Where It Happens!
- Multi million pound transformations for Surrey Libraries
- Surrey Libraries introduce biodegradable eco library cards
- Community Link Officers in Surrey
- Free bus travel in Surrey and across England
- Warm Welcome venues help over 16,000 people in Surrey
- Surrey Libraries Super Access comes to Horley
- Directory of Essential Services for every household in Surrey
- Banstead library introduces ‘magic table’ to help people with dementia
- Let’s all stand up to harassment
- Winter Mini Challenge 2023
- Community Link Officers are making it happen across Surrey
- Trading Standards take a stand against romance fraud
- Planning a wedding or ceremony in 2024?
- LGBT+ History Month 2024
- Do you know how safe your electric blanket is?
- Surrey Community Lounge
- Summer work experience programme