We provide an innovative, engaging and age-appropriate safety education programme that will equip children and young people with the knowledge and skills that they need to keep themselves safe, both now and in the future.
- School visits in fire and water safety
- Road safety resources
- Activities and resources for children
- Fire safety information for parents and carers.
School visits in fire and water safety
School visits are at the heart of what we do and include:
- Original content that exactly fits our key safety messages.
- Complements the curriculum, links to PSHE Association guidance and supports the Surrey Healthy Schools approach.
- Dynamic and pupil-led sessions, encouraging questions and collaboration throughout.
- Learning that is interactive, inclusive, and easily applied beyond the classroom.
- Inclusive and accessible to all with adaptations and alternatives available.
We have created detailed lesson plans that will challenge and educate the pupils in an accessible and engaging way, whilst recognising how different children learn and the range of teaching strategies required to ensure all pupils can achieve the learning outcomes.
Our experienced Education Officers use their knowledge, training and expertise to deliver key safety messages and learning outcomes in an age-appropriate, inclusive and fun way.
All our sessions can be adapted to meet the needs of children or young people with additional needs.
Fire safety school visits
Water safety school visits
- Year 7 February half-term to the end of the end of the Summer term.
Please note that we do not deliver these safety sessions in holiday clubs or outside of school settings.
How many pupils can be in one session?
Sessions are delivered to a maximum class size of 34.
We do not deliver our sessions to whole year groups as we find that interactive workshops with smaller groups allow for a better learning experience than assemblies or lectures where opportunities for questions are often limited
Who delivers them?
- Reception fire safety session comprises two distinct parts. Firstly the children enjoy and explore the Learning Box in class, then a crew from your local fire station will visit the class to consolidate their learning.
- Year 2 and Year 5 fire safety school visits are delivered by our Education Officers.
- Year 7 fire safety and water safety sessions are delivered by our Education Officers.
Accessible to all
All our sessions can be adapted to meet the needs of children and young people with additional needs. Our Education Officers will work with you prior to the visit to identify the children's specific needs and provide suitable adaptations to ensure all pupils can achieve the learning outcomes.
This could include:
- Adapted resources (large print, coloured paper etc)
- Transcripts and subtitles for media resources
- Alternative activities
- Length of session
- Sharing materials in advance for adaptation by you
For more information or to discuss your requirements email our Education Officers at email@example.com
What not to expect
- Fire crews to attend in a fire engine. The crew visit is only part of the fire safety session for Reception. All other sessions are delivered by our Education Officers.
- Fires to be set in the playground. We do not set any fires as part of our sessions.
We provide a free fire safety education programme on the mutual understanding that a teacher will remain present in the classroom at all times and will be actively involved in managing student behaviour throughout the session.
We ask that all students in the classroom adhere to the following ground rules:
- To treat each other with kindness, fairness and respect
- Allow others to learn and not be disruptive to the class
- Mobile phones will be kept out of sight and will not be used during the session
If we, as external providers, believe the behaviour repeatedly falls below the accepted level the session may be terminated.
Make a booking
All our sessions are available to book Monday to Thursday, term time only.
All our sessions are free.
Sessions are approximately 45 minutes to 60 minutes depending on the year group.
SEND school fire safety visit
We offer fire safety sessions to Specialist schools throughout the year.
In collaboration with teachers, we design and deliver tailored sessions that are accessible, inclusive, interactive and meet the needs of your pupils.
To request a session please email the Education Officers at firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide free Fire Safety Home-Education Resource Packs for Early Years Foundation Stage, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
The packs contain a selection of fun, engaging resources that you can use to learn about the fire service and fire safety at home.
To request a pack please email the Education Officers at email@example.com
The DriveFit intervention has been designed to address the needs of 16-18-year-old pre-drivers and includes bite-sized video clips with engaging interactive learning in-between.
It is a teacher-led resource designed for delivery in classrooms.
The following themes are explored across 5 modules:
- Learning to drive
- Hazard prediction
- Vehicle choice, managing mobile phone use and passengers
- Managing fatigue
- Managing speed and avoiding drink and drug impaired driving
With a modular design, there is flexibility of how and when to deliver each of the themes; such as across a number of sessions in a two week period or during a non-curriculum day.
All resources, including films and activities, are available to use throughout the school year.
For more information and a DriveFit road safety pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Activities and resources for children
We provide age-appropriate and engaging activities and resources to take learning beyond the classroom.
Use the activities to follow up on a school visit or to entertain a child who just loves the fire service.
Fire safety information for parents and carers
We provide information on the easy steps that you can take at home to help prevent, detect and escape a fire.