Urgent Marriage or Civil Partnership (Registrar General's Licence)

The Registrar General can authorise marriages / civil partnerships to take place at short notice in circumstances where one of the parties is seriously ill, not expected to recover and cannot be moved to a place where a marriage /civil partnership could normally take place. This is known as a marriage by Registrar Generals Licence.

The couple must call us directly on 0300 200 1002 for advice.

Did you find this information helpful?

Subscribe to our newsletters for latest news and events.