Community Equipment Service

Equipment to overcome some of the difficulties you may have living at home can be loaned by our Community Equipment Service if you have eligible needs.

Complete our quick and easy to use online checklist to get an indication of whether you are likely to qualify for social care support.

As well as providing you with information on the support you could access locally, the checklist will also help you decide whether to have a conversation with us to explore your needs further.

Surrey's Community Equipment service provider is Millbrook Healthcare.

  • Operating hours: Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm.
  • Telephone: 0330 124 1247
  • Enquiry form: Contact us on Millbrook Healthcare website
  • Address: Block 8, Henley Business Park, Pirbright Road, Normandy, near Guildford, GU3 2DX

The Red Cross can loan wheelchairs and toilet aids, and some district and borough councils can also loan wheelchairs. Check with your local district or borough council to see if your council loans wheelchairs. Other providers can be found on Surrey Information Point.


Action for Carers moving and handling service can offer safe solutions for carers who carry out moving and handling as part of their role, including offering tailor made solutions to your caring situation, and short term loans of small handling equipment and training.

Returning loaned equipment

It is essential that all equipment which has been loaned is returned to the service when it is no longer required. All loaned equipment will have a sticker indicating the correct contact telephone number to use when returning an item/s. Alternatively, the equipment can be returned to the local hospital it was issued from (please check with the hospital for its current procedure) or direct to the Community Equipment Service depot.

Urgent appeal for return of loaned equipment

Millbrook Healthcare is making an urgent appeal to service users: if you have any of their community healthcare equipment you no longer need, please arrange for it to be collected. Their collections are free and contactless, and where possible, they will pick up from outside people's homes to ensure everybody stays safe.

Due to shortages, their priority is to collect community beds, mattresses, commodes, bath lifts, shower chairs, toilet surrounds, patient turning equipment, hoists and slings. This equipment is loaned on behalf of the NHS and social care teams when people leave hospital or after a period of illness, to help them stay safe at home and retain their independence.

At present, they have ample stocks of smaller items such as crutches and walking frames so they ask their service users to hold on to them for the time being.

Please note: Please read our disclaimer. We do not endorse or recommend any of the products listed above, they are meant for references purposes only.