This information is for professionals who have direct or indirect involvement with children and young people. This includes those who:
- have direct contact eg; doctors, teachers, youth justice and youth workers, social workers, day nursery staff etc
- work with adults who are parents or care-givers eg; substance misuse workers
- work in the voluntary or private sector.
If you have concerns about a child you can call us on 0300 470 9100 Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. Out of these hours call our emergency duty team 01483 517898. In an emergency where you are concerned for the child's immediate safety you should call Surrey Police on 999.
Topics covered are:
- The Children's Single Point of Access (C-SPA)
- The Surrey Safeguarding Children Partnership (SSCP)
- Child death procedures
- Disabled children
- The Family Group conference
- Our Corporate Parenting Board
- Celebration Fund for Looked After Children and Care Leavers
- Surrey Virtual School
- Sexual abuse by children or young people
- Commissioning of children's social care and wellbeing service
- Guidance on children or young people in employment or entertainment
If you work with disabled children and young people there is guidance on safeguarding them Surrey Safeguarding Children Partnership (SSCP) procedures manual and supporting guidance.
The Family Group Conference
If you would like more information on your role in the Family Group Conference, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01737 733866.
Our Corporate Parenting Board
We want to make sure that looked after children and care leavers have the same opportunities as their peers as they grow up. Their outcomes and the work to improve these outcomes are overseen by our corporate parenting board.
Surrey Virtual School
Surrey has a dedicated virtual school website you can refer to for more details.
Sexual abuse by children or young people
Our Assessment Consultation Therapy (ACT) team works with schools, partner agencies and social care professionals – as well as with the children, young people and their parents – to reduce sexual abuse by children and young people.
In this section
- Assessment, consultation and therapy (ACT) - working with professionals
- How to make a referral to the Family Group Conference service
- Assessment, consultation and therapy (ACT) decision matrix
- Safeguarding children - Local child safeguarding practice reviews
- Celebration Fund
- Surrey Family Support Programme
- Children’s Social Care and Well-being Commissioning