Exams and pressure to do well can be stressful for your child. To support them in managing or reducing this:
- Encourage them to organise their revision to include regular meals and relaxation time.
- Help them think positively about what they can achieve and discourage talk of failure.
- Be ready to listen but avoid criticising or giving heavy advice.
- Let them know you believe in them, regardless of the exam results, and try to manage your own anxieties for them.
- Suggest listening to relaxation tapes. We produce 'Time to be calm' available by calling 0300 200 1004.
If you remain worried about how your child is coping, contact:
- the school
- your family doctor.