Coronavirus School appeals
In line with DfE guidance, reviews against exclusions should be heard within 15 school days of being lodged, unless for a reason related to Covid in line with Government Covid guidance.
Appeals against permanent exclusions are currently being set up as a face to face hearings in line with the national Covid guidelines. However, if the situation changes this may need to change and the hearing converted to a remote hearing using our audio conference call system. In the event of this you will be contacted.
If the Head Teacher has excluded your child from school, you have the right to state your case to the Governing Board's Discipline Committee.
If the Governing Board's Discipline Committee confirms a permanent exclusion, you have the right to apply for a review by an independent review panel.
Applications for review against permanent exclusion must be submitted within fifteen school days from the Discipline Committee's decision.
The Discipline Committee's decision must be communicated to you in writing giving full reasons. You will also be informed where to obtain a form and the last date it must be submitted.
Find out how to fill out the Notice of Application for Independent Review form.
In this section
- Procedures to be followed for a review against exclusion
- Example of Notice of Application for Independent Review
- How to fill out the Notice of Appeal Against Exclusion form
- How the School Appeals Review Panel reaches its decision
- Who will hear your review against exclusion?
- Should I Apply for a Review by an Independent Review Panel?