Coronavirus - School appeals
Due to the Coronavirus, the closure of schools and following Government advice and restrictions on movement, we are unable to schedule school admission appeals and reviews against permanent exclusion at this time. Once restrictions are lifted we will start processing appeals that have been received.
It is also understood the Department of Education is considering the situation and we are waiting on advice from them as to the impact this will have on appeal processes and timescales.
If the Head Teacher has excluded your child from school, you have the right to state your case to the Governing Board's Discipline Committee.
If the Governing Board's Discipline Committee confirms a permanent exclusion, you have the right to apply for a review by an independent review panel.
Applications for review against permanent exclusion must be submitted within fifteen school days from the Discipline Committee's decision.
The Discipline Committee's decision must be communicated to you in writing giving full reasons. You will also be informed where to obtain a form and the last date it must be submitted.
Find out how to fill out the Notice of Application for Independent Review form.
In this section
- Procedures to be followed for a review against exclusion
- Example of Notice of Application for Independent Review
- How to fill out the Notice of Appeal Against Exclusion form
- How the School Appeals Review Panel reaches its decision
- Who will hear your review against exclusion?
- Should I Apply for a Review by an Independent Review Panel?