If the badge has expired, or badge no longer needed
- If a Blue Badge has expired there is no need to return it to us, you can cut it up and dispose of it.
- If a badge is still in date but is no longer needed please let us know the reason, then you can cut it up and dispose of it.
- If the Blue Badge holder has died, you can cut it up and dispose of it, but please let us know the badge holder has died or you can hand the badge into the registrar when you register the death.
Replace a lost, stolen or damaged blue badge
If you have lost your blue badge, please spend some time looking for it to ensure you have not mislaid it. If it has been stolen as the result of a crime you should report it to the police who will give you a crime report number.
Once you have a crime reference number or you are ready to apply for a replacement you can apply online at GOV UK Replace a lost stolen or damaged blue badge. If the blue badge is damaged please explain what has happened to it. It will be helpful to have your National Insurance Number ready.
If you are applying to replace an organisation blue badge please contact us by email.
Please be aware if you have moved since your badge was issued we will need to see a recent proof of address document. Please note replacement badges will have the same expiry date as your current badge. Once we have checked our records to see if the badge has been handed into us, we will get in touch to tell you how to pay the £10 fee.
- If you provide an email address we will send you a link to pay online.
- If you provide a telephone number, we will call you to take payment.
- Alternatively, you can pay by cheque or postal order made payable to Surrey County Council and posted to the blue badge team. Please note any payment made via the post will take longer.
Our address is:
Blue Badge Team
Surrey County Council
Dakota Building, De Havilland Drive, Brooklands, Weybridge, KT13 0YP
If you have lost your Blue Badge clock, you can call 0300 200 1003 requesting a new one.
What to do if you have found a Blue Badge
If you have found a lost Blue Badge please return it to the Blue Badge Team at the above address and you can contact us via email to let us know it is being returned.
Change your details
You should let us know if any of your details have changed such as: your name, address, email or contact details in case we need to contact you.
You can contact us in writing or by email.
If you have moved and no longer pay your council tax to Surrey County Council, you can let us know your new address and we will update your record. Your badge will still be valid, but when it is due for renewal, you will need to apply to the local authority where you live.