Replacing, changing or returning a Blue Badge
If the badge has expired, or badge no longer needed
- If a Blue Badge has expired or is no longer needed you can cut it up and dispose of it, but please let us know if you no longer need a Blue Badge.
- If the Blue Badge holder has died, you can cut it up and dispose of it, but please let us know the badge holder has died or you can hand the badge into the registrar when you register the death.
Replace a lost, stolen or damaged badge
If you have lost your blue badge, please spend some time looking for it to ensure you have not mislaid it. If it has been stolen as the result of a crime you should report it to the police who will give you a crime report number.
You can then complete a BB3 form for lost, stolen or defaced blue badges (PDF) and email it to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirm to us that you are still at the same address that you lived at when we initially issued the badge. If you have moved since, you will need to provide proof of your new address.
Finally, you will need to pay. The fee is £10.
- If you provide an email address we will send you a link to pay online.
- If you provide a telephone number, we will call you to take payment.
- Alternatively, you can pay by cheque or postal order made payable to Surrey County Council and posted to the blue badge team. Please note any payment made via the post will take longer as we are currently working remotely and have limited access to the office.
Blue Badge Team
Surrey County Council
If you have lost an organisation blue badge you will need to complete an organisation blue badge form (PDF).
Please note that any lost, stolen or replacement badge will have the same expiry date as your existing badge. When we need to take a payment for the replacement badge we will send you a link to our website explaining how to pay or we will call you to take payment.
If you have lost your Blue Badge clock, you can contact us and send us a large stamped addressed envelope to request a replacement clock.
What to do if you have found a Blue Badge
If you have found a lost Blue Badge please return it to the Blue Badge Team. Please also email us to let us know.
Change your details
You should let us know if any of your details have changed such as: your name, address, email or contact details in case we need to contact you.
You can write or email the Blue Badge Team.
If you have moved and no longer pay your council tax to Surrey County Council, you can let us know your new address and we will update your record. Your badge will still be valid, but when it is due for renewal, you will need to apply to the local authority where you live.
Files available to download
- Application for a replacement Blue Badge (PDF)
This form must be used if an existing Surrey County Council badge has been lost, stolen or damaged.