We need you, your experience and expertise, to support and champion dance in education in Surrey!
Surrey Dance Network (SDN), in partnership with Culture Box Surrey, is developing a new strand of activity to connect and learn within SDN called the Surrey Dance Teachers' Hub. Hub activity will be designed with and specifically aimed at teachers delivering dance in education across Surrey. We want to support you, as dance advocates in schools, to help promote the positive impact of dance and continue to deliver the highest quality provision for children and young people across the county.
Our offer to Teacher Members:
- FREE opportunities to share teaching experiences and best practice: formally through CPD sessions and informally through networking at local events or online.
- Connection with other dance teachers and practitioners across the county, as well as those visiting: online through the SDN Facebook group and monthly newsletter to access all benefits that come with being part of SDN.
- A space to have your say and build the network: we invite all members to input into the programme and how it operates, so we can offer opportunities that work for you. We know at this stage, as a pilot project, we might not be able to meet the interests of everyone, but we're trying to make a good foundation for future work and future investment.
If you're interested in taking the above membership further; we're also looking for 2 to 3 Teacher Advocates to include 1 with more experience working in primary schools and 1 with more experience at secondary level who will:
- Represent teachers in your area of expertise (for example, primary or secondary): advising SDN in the design of a network programme that is relevant.
- Join one SDN steering advisory group meeting per term: we will arrange meeting timings to work around your timetables as best as possible.
- Provide opportunities for hosting events that link with the network programme being designed e.g. your school could be the venue for a teacher network event, or a youth performance platform.
Express interest as a teacher advocate by Monday 20 November.
Joining the Surrey Dance Teachers' Hub is FREE as we are in the initial stage of the network.
A bit more information about Surrey Dance Network
Surrey-based arts organisations, Dance Woking, GLive, Made by Katie Green and Dance Mama have joined forces, supported by Arts Partnership Surrey to create Surrey Dance Network.
What does SDN offer?
- A professional dance community connected via a Facebook Group and Email subscription for information on dance in Surrey - it combines previous dance networking groups all in one place and is run through a Facebook Group and email list - the fastest and easiest way to find out what's going on, and raise awareness of opportunities that you might bring to the network, or that the network can bring to you.
- Networking events taking place in person and online. Some will be free, others will have a fee – you can choose which events suit you and your career best.
For more information or a chat about the Surrey Dance Teachers' Hub, please email: email@example.com, SDN Coordinator.