Southeast Museum Development is supported by Arts Council England, designed to support diverse, inclusive, and innovative museums that welcome people from all backgrounds. The Southeast Museum Development team work on the ground to support museums by assessing regional priorities and needs, identify barriers and finding solutions to ensure museums can meet their development priorities and ambitions.
Juliet Thomas from Southeast Museum Development attended the Surrey Museum Partnerships' Annual General Meeting in October, to outline the numerous opportunities available to Surrey museums over the coming year in training, funding, and advice including grants of up to £2,000 for skills building, going green, and organisational health checks etc, as well as training session in subjects such as marketing and volunteer recruitment.
To find out more about what's on offer visit the South East Museums' website.
More from surrey culture news
- Surrey's Waterways
- Culture Chat – New House Art Space
- Culture Chat National Portfolio Organisations
- Culture Chat with Katie Green
- Culture Chat with Surrey Hills Arts Inspiring Views Project
- Culture Chat with Elin Joseph
- Culture Chat with Yvonne Arnaud Costume Department
- Culture chat with Jason Brett
- Creative Health and Wellbeing
- National Plan for Music Education
- Broadband upgrade for schools
- Farnham Maltings launches its annual programme of support to help young artists