Step 1: Check if you can apply for in-year admission
- Step 1: Check if you can apply for in-year admission
- Step 2: What you need to know before applying
- Step 3: Choose the schools to apply for
Summary of this step
You must check if you can apply for in-year application, or if you should apply during the normal admissions round instead.
You can make an in-year application if you need to join a school outside of the normal admissions round.
You do not need to apply for in-year admission if your child is:
- currently in year 2 at infant school and you want to apply for them to move in September to junior school or a primary school with a year 3 intake – you should apply for a primary school place.
- currently in year 6 at primary or junior school and you want to apply for them to move to year 7 at secondary school in September – you should apply for a secondary school place.
- currently looked after by a local authority. You should not complete the in-year application form. Instead their social worker should complete our in-year admission for children in care form in order to apply for a school place.
You can apply for in-year admission if:
- you are moving house to Surrey, or within Surrey, and your child cannot continue at their current school.
- your child is being educated at home and you want them to attend a mainstream school instead.
- your child is currently in year 2 at infant school and you want to apply for them to move in September to a primary school that doesn't have a year 3 intake.
- your child is already at school, but you want to move them to a different school.