What happens after I have completed my appeal form?
It is important that you should your complete the relevant form within the time period or the date specified by the admission authority to minimise any potential delay in hearing your appeal.
Once you have submitted an appeal form, an appeal hearing will be arranged by the Surrey Schools Appeals Service. It may be some time before your appeal can be heard. You will be notified of the date, time and location of your appeal hearing at least 10 school days in advance. If you have submitted appeals for more than one school it is unlikely that your appeals will all be heard on the same date and you will receive a separate notification for each appeal you have submitted.
Sometimes you may be offered an appeal hearing date with less notice. If this is the case we will discuss this with you to confirm if you are happy for your appeal to go ahead, or if you would like a later date.
At least seven working days before your appeal hearing you will be sent an appeal pack which will include all the documents that have been submitted to the Appeal Panel. The pack will include:
- The case for the admission authority outlining how places at the school were allocated and how the admission arrangements for the school apply to your child's application;
- The reason why your child was refused a place at the school;
- A statement explaining how the admission of another child would cause prejudice to the provision of efficient education or the efficient use of resources;
- Copies of any other documents being used by the admission authority as part of its case; and
- The appeal form you completed and any documents you have submitted to support your appeal.
You will need to bring this pack with you to the appeal hearing.