Making period products available to those that need them
Surrey County Council is proud to have launched a ground-breaking initiative with charity Binti International, to provide free period products in selected locations across Surrey and be the first county council in the UK to start eradicating period stigma.
Katie Stewart, Strategic Lead for Equality Diversity and Inclusion at Surrey County Council, said: "Surrey County Council is proud to be involved in this initiative in partnership with Binti International to provide equal access to pads so no one need suffer the indignity of managing their period without period products. We hope that Surrey residents will support this great initiative by donating products, and that businesses across the county will do so by providing products for their employees, so that more and more collection and donation points across Surrey can be provided. It's time for period dignity across Surrey".
We've included more information about getting involved below.
Donate or pick up at selected locations across Surrey
There will be collection boxes where residents can help themselves to pads if needed, in the following selected libraries across Surrey. You can find out where your nearest location is by visiting our Period Dignity web page.
A Binti app is also available to download so residents can find the nearest location where free period products are available to collect and where you can donate. The app is available to download on the Apple app store for IOS users or the Google Play store for Android users.
Where can I donate products?
Anyone can donate tampons and pads to the Binti bins – the more donations the better! Look out for the Binti stickers which show participating venues.
How can my organisation or business help with Period Dignity at work?
If your organisation or business would like to get involved, email the firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Binti website. You will be sent an information pack that explains more about the initiative and will outline how you can get started.
For more information, visit the Binti website.
More from health and wellbeing
- Have you registered your Defibrillator?
- Mental Health Resources
- Boost your immunity this winter
- How to keep well in the colder months
- Surrey launches new online Home Equipment Finder
- Living well in later life
- Wheel of Wellbeing
- Healthy New You
- Making the most of Surrey’s nature during January
- Is your child up to date with their vaccinations?
- Care heroes celebrated at Surrey Care Awards
- Do you know how safe your new or old electric blanket is?
- Seven healthy habits which can reduce your risk of dementia
- Little ways to look after yourself
- Have your say on Surrey care homes
- Shared Lives programme for adults