Are you caring for someone? Don't miss out on your flu jab voucher
Surrey carers are eligible for free jabs to protect themselves and their loved ones against seasonal flu. The NHS in Surrey and the county council are launching the Surrey Carers' Flu Voucher to encourage carers to get the jab as early as possible this flu season.
Why Surrey carers should get the flu jab
Flu and COVID-19 viruses have the potential to increase pressures faced by the NHS this winter. Getting your flu and COVID-19 jabs are two of the most important things you can do to keep yourself and others around you safe this winter.
We're therefore encouraging all unpaid carers in Surrey to take up the offer of a free flu vaccination as a priority, not only to protect themselves and the people they care for, but also to help reduce hospital admissions during what is expected to be a busy time for the NHS and social care.
The flu season generally lasts from October to March and the best time to have the flu vaccine is in the autumn or early winter before flu starts spreading.
How to get a Surrey Carers' Flu Jab Voucher
Surrey Carers' Flu Jab Vouchers are available through all of our carer support services:
- Action for Carers Surrey
- Crossroads Care Surrey
- Surrey Independent Living Charity
- Healthwatch Surrey
- Alzheimer's Society
- Surrey County Council Adult Social Care
More information about the voucher scheme and how it works can be found on the Action for Carers Surrey website.
How to use the voucher
If you're a carer looking after someone who is elderly or disabled, you can ask for a flu jab at your GP practice or take your voucher to a pharmacy offering the NHS flu vaccine. The vouchers provide assurance that you are known to carers' services in Surrey and are entitled to a free vaccination.
More from health and wellbeing
- Caring for Surrey's Carers
- Have you registered your Defibrillator?
- It’s time for period dignity across Surrey
- Mental Health Resources
- Are you struggling to stay independent at home?
- Technology Enabled Care team wins innovation award
- Overdose awareness
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccinations (HPV) for boys and girls
- Surrey Health and Wellbeing Strategy update
- Boost your immunity this winter
- How to keep well in the colder months
- Concerned your child needs to be more active?
- Surrey launches new online Home Equipment Finder
- Let’s keep young people safe from meningitis
- Living well in later life
- Wheel of Wellbeing
- Healthy New You