Worried about your child's mental health and wellbeing?
Living through COVID has been stressful for many of us, and that includes our children and young people. Some may be still be feeling more anxious than usual, others may be struggling with low mood and difficult feelings. To help you and your child, whatever you may be going through, here are some helpful resources.
Advice for parents
Every Mind Matters
Advice for parents and carers plus helpful videos for young people can be found on the NHS Mind Matters website
Children and Family Health Surrey
Health visitors, nurses, and therapists can provide advice for various parenting, health and wellbeing concerns. Contact the Surrey-wide 0-19 advice line on 01883 340 922, open 8am until 5pm from Monday to Friday.
Parents and carers of children with SEND
Online emotional and wellbeing support is available for parents and carers of children with special educational needs and disabilities at Qwell.
Finding support for children and young people
Children aged 10 years and older can access wellbeing support online at Kooth, including a virtual chat with a member of the team.
Mental health charity YoungMinds has lots of useful tips and advice to help support young people.
Primary mental health workers can help children and young people to build resilience and reduce the chances of problems becoming more serious. Primary mental health workers can be contacted via your child's school or via the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service Single Point of Access on 0300 222 5755 (Monday to Friday, 8am until 8pm and on Saturday from 9am until 12pm).
More from families and young people
- Celebrating Surrey’s COVID heroes
- COVID vaccines for 5 to 11 year olds
- Coping with Exam Stress
- Be Tick Aware
- Walk to School Week
- Join Surrey’s Biggest Family
- Get your kids active this spring
- Do you know where to turn?
- What support is available for Ukrainian nationals ?
- Is your child up to date with their vaccinations?
- Improved Ofsted grading for children and family services
- Building the future with apprenticeships
- Young Adult Safe Haven launches in Guildford
- The Big Jubilee Lunch 2022 – Save the date
- Surrey Fire and Rescue are recruiting