Buses, bikes and parking temporary schemes
Several temporary travel schemes have been set up to enable those coming to Surrey from Ukraine to travel around Surrey more easily, whilst they settle into life in the UK.
Temporary bus pass for Ukrainian nationals on the Homes for Ukraine Scheme
Surrey County Council has worked with bus operators in Surrey to set up a scheme offering Ukrainian nationals a bus pass which will give them free travel on their most used bus route.
The temporary bus passes are valid for three months from issue to help Ukrainians newly arrived in Surrey on the Homes for Ukraine scheme, to get around.
The Homes for Ukraine temporary bus pass is free of charge and users will simply be able to show their pass to the driver or tap on the ticket machine when boarding the bus from their chosen route, to enable them to travel whilst they settle into their new lives. Once issued, the bus pass can be used Monday to Sunday on the routes offered by the chosen bus operator only.
More details and application form can be found on our Support Home For Ukraine Temporary Bus Pass web pages.
Six month parking permit
For Ukrainian refugees who have travelled to the UK in their own vehicles, a free 6-month parking permit is now also being offered at their host address, regardless of whether the household has reached their permit allocation. Ukrainian nationals should contact their local district or borough parking team to arrange their parking permit.
Bike scheme for Ukrainians closing date 7 July 2022
Thanks to Active Surrey and a generous grant from local builder Beard Construction, any Ukrainian adult or child who's been granted a visa as a result of the Russian invasion can take part in a draw to win a refurbished bike. We'll use the full £2000 from Beard Construction to purchase as many bikes as we can, which vary in cost by size.
More information can be found on our Ukrainian Refugee Bike Scheme web pages.
More from community matters
- Your Surrey COVID Heroes E-book of Thanks
- Ukrainian Refugee Bike Scheme
- Caring for Surrey's Carers
- New On Demand Bus Service in Mole Valley
- Looking after our veterans
- Queen's Baton Relay route in England announced
- Visiting a Community Recycling Centre?
- What support is available for Ukrainian nationals ?
- Do you know where to turn?
- Join Surrey’s Biggest Family
- Your Fund Surrey £100m fund
- Social Value Marketplace connecting organisations and individuals
- Make it happen Surrey
- Would you like your event listed in Surrey Matters?
- ‘No one left behind’ ambition guides Surrey’s 2022/23 budget
- Celebrating STARS in Surrey
- Putting Surrey culture on the map
- Sign up to a Priority Services Register for when you need it the most
- Help stop the stigma around addiction and mental health