Never run out of water this summer
This summer has seen the highest temperatures across Surrey with temperatures of 40 degrees celsius and a Met Office red warning for extreme heat. This extreme weather has put a lot of vulnerable people at risk, therefore, it is so important to make sure you and your loved ones have access to water.
If you, a family member or someone you know is vulnerable and living on their own, in the event of a water shortage you can receive free support and bottled water if you sign up to your water companies Priority Services Register.
You can sign up to the Priority Services Register for your water, electricity and gas by contacting your utility providers, it is free and can help you or a loved one to stay safe in the hot weather.
Water Providers in Surrey
As well as help in an emergency, there are other benefits to being on a Priority Services Register including advance notice of planned power cuts or interruptions to water supply, help with accessing prepayment meters, receiving bills in an alternative format and more.
People who may qualify for this service:
- are of pensionable age
- are disabled or chronically sick
- have a long-term medical condition
- have a hearing or visual impairment or additional communication needs
- are in a vulnerable situation Get extra help when utilities go off
- have young children under the age of five years old
To find out more about Priority Service Registers, you'll need to contact each of your utility providers, their contact details will be on your bills.
Watch the video below for an introduction to the Priority Service Register by Affinity Water.
More from community matters
- Your Surrey COVID Heroes E-book of Thanks
- Travel schemes for Ukrainian evacuees
- Ukrainian Refugee Bike Scheme
- Caring for Surrey's Carers
- New On Demand Bus Service in Mole Valley
- Looking after our veterans
- Queen's Baton Relay route in England announced
- Visiting a Community Recycling Centre?
- What support is available for Ukrainian nationals ?
- Do you know where to turn?
- Join Surrey’s Biggest Family
- Your Fund Surrey £100m fund
- Social Value Marketplace connecting organisations and individuals
- Make it happen Surrey
- Would you like your event listed in Surrey Matters?
- ‘No one left behind’ ambition guides Surrey’s 2022/23 budget
- Celebrating STARS in Surrey
- Putting Surrey culture on the map
- Help stop the stigma around addiction and mental health