Plan ahead so you can get on with living the life you want to
It's never too early to start planning for your future or helping your loved ones to plan. Planning ahead and knowing your options can help you to make informed decisions and help the people around you be more prepared for when you may need care and support.
It also helps to have conversations with your family about what happens when you're not going to be as able as you once were. If you have no family, speak to someone you trust.
This will prevent decisions being made in a crisis that may not then be right for you or your loved one, and may not be sustainable long term.
Working in partnership with Age UK Surrey, we're encouraging people to start a conversation that matters.
A new guide to help you plan
Visit Age UK Surrey's online information hub for everything you need to get started. Here you will find a new checklist guide to planning for your future, covering everything from healthy living and care and support options to financial planning, wills and lasting power of attorney.
View it online, print it out or request your copy.
Events in your area
Age UK Surrey is holding free events with a talk and questions and answers packed with tips and advice on planning ahead, the next one is in:
- Thursday 9 November in Weybridge Library from 11am to 1pm
- Monday 20 November in Reigate Park Church from 11am to 1pm
Book your free place on the Age UK local events web page with more events due to be added.
More from health and wellbeing
- Have you registered your Defibrillator?
- Celebrating 2 years of Period Dignity in Surrey
- Message in a Bottle Scheme
- Free community first aid training sessions
- Mental Health Resources
- Surrey launches new online Home Equipment Finder
- Seven healthy habits which can reduce your risk of dementia
- Vaping what you should know
- Annual Health check for people with learning difficulties
- Three new Surrey sites reserved for extra care housing
- Your sexual health matters, at any age
- Are you concerned that your child is above a healthy weight?
- Free flu jabs for Surrey carers
- Has gambling got a grip on you?
- Keep well and warm this Winter